Silica Gel for Column Chromatography
Column chromatography is a widely used and time-tested method for separating complex mixtures packed within a column. It employs a technology called chromatography, which separates chemical mixtures based on their components between two phases:
the stationary phase, which remains fixed in place using adsorbents like silica gel for column chromatography and activated alumina, and the mobile phase, a slowly moving solvent that flows through the column under the influence of gravitational forces or external pressure. The stationary phase can be either solid or liquid, while the mobile phase is always in liquid form and utilizes various solvents.
- Analytical Chromatography: Chromatography encompasses two main types: analytical and preparative. Analytical chromatography involves the use of an analytical column packed with a small amount of silica gel for column chromatography mesh (60-120 size) to determine the percentage of purification in a mixture. It is a straightforward and cost-effective method for separating compounds quickly. In the field of analytical chemistry, thin layer plates coated with silica gel on glass plates are commonly used to solve chemical substances. This technique has become a standard tool in pharmaceutical laboratories for analysis.
- Preparative Chromatography: The focus is on the latest advancements in chromatography, including preparative and process chromatography, to optimize and refine chromatographic processes. Preparative chromatography aims to improve the impurity profile and separation speed through the use of semi-preparative chromatography. By leveraging these techniques, it becomes possible to enhance the efficiency and performance of chromatography processes in a precise manner.
- Process Chromatography: Process chromatography is a widely employed technology that offers dynamic binding capacity on a large scale. We are dedicated to developing and implementing large-scale process chromatography techniques to enhance purity in various biologics, including proteins, viruses, vitamins, hormones, and antibodies. In this process, stationary phase adsorbents such as silica gel for column chromatography and activated alumina are utilized in significant quantities. Specifically, silica gel with mesh sizes of 230-400 and 400-800 are employed to achieve higher purity levels of active compounds.
- Gravity Chromatography: Gravity chromatography is a manual process that requires continuous observation. The solvent is allowed to descend down the column due to gravitational force, and the flow rate can be manually controlled. For practical purposes, silica gel for column chromatography with mesh sizes of 70-230 and particle sizes of 63-210 microns are commonly used in gravity chromatography.
- Water soluble alkaloids
- Separation of ceratridene alkaloids
- Isolation of pyrrolizidine alkaloids
- Large scale separation of clavinet alkaloids from Ipomoea muricata
- Preparative isolation & purification
- Purification of quaternary ammonium & pyridinium compounds
- Macrolide antibiotics
- Ranitidine dimer separation
- Losartan potassium
- Large scale high performance liquid chromatography of enzymes for food applications
- Purification of peptides
- Amino acid purification
- Proteins purification
- Separation of Resorcinol & Catechol
Buy Silica Gel for Column Chromatography From Shri Sitaram Das
At shrisitaramdas.com, we are dedicated to developing and optimizing chromatography technologies, including preparative and process chromatography. Our goal is to enhance purification and efficiency for a range of biologics such as proteins, viruses, vitamins, hormones, and antibodies. By utilizing cutting-edge techniques and high-quality silica gel for column chromatography and adsorbents, we strive to deliver exceptional results in chromatography processes.